Monday, September 24, 2012

Everybody dies but not everyone lives.

Well I'm a little overdo for a blog or two. Right?
Meh.

I still need to blog about Mr. Thomas J. Calhoun Jr.
The STEM program gave me nothing. I'm not a STEM focused student and I do not wish to go into the STEM field.
But, he talked about a lot more than that.
He also talked about life as a college student.
That's what i liked the most about his talk.
What really drew me into wanting to listen to him was that he sounded EXACTLY like my old principal in high school.
Coach Turner was loud and sometimes annoying but he was so passionate about what he spoke on that people wanted to listen to him. or maybe that was just me.

Anyways, Mr. Calhoun said not to take our gifts for granted, and I think that is so true. So many people take the gifts they are given and just throw them away in lieu of drugs or greed. People like this don't really live.
he also said we have to allow ourselves to experience ignorance. I think this is a neat way to think about things. Ignorance is the state of being uninformed. I'm sure I'm not telling anyone anything new. Ignorance is part of life. But to a certain point ignorance is good. We can't know everything or our brain would exploded. If we dedicate our live to knowing everything then we will be taking our gifts for granted. See it all ties back together.
Another thing he touched on was that we are not so smart that life's challenges will not come to us. We may be the best of the best. The upper crust. Muy rico. But we are not so smart that life doesn't challenge us in different ways than we ever knew.
The last point I want to speak on is that plans change. We have to accept that. Nothing, NOTHING we do can ever stop things from changing. Life is like that. It moves and shapes us into something we may not be willing to accept at first.

No comments:

Post a Comment