Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Don't say your goodbyes.

I feel these song lyrics follow my thought process during this speaker.
Mr. Audwin Pierre Mcgee.

I intended to title this one "Live in Your Childhood"
But the other one fit better in my opinion.

Anyways, here goes.

In my 'kid' years I dreamed of Harry Potter. I know I can't live in the wizarding world and go to Hogwarts. I waited on my letter...heck, who am I kidding, I am still waiting.
But, I am old enough and strong enough to know that my letter is not coming so I look deeper into my childhood and I can see a vague outline of what brings me joy. This speaker really helped me because I am struggling with deciding my major. I am switching from Journalism to....something. I don't even know yet. It is really difficult to decide what I want to do with the rest of my life in one singular decision. Yes, I know I am a freshman and my decision today will not completely change my future, I have time to change my mind again later. But what if this is my final decision. I want to change into something I will truly love so I don't change again and again and again. I don't want to be 'that person'. I have always been very flighty when it comes to my 'future'. What do i want to do? Who do I want to be? I simply DO NOT KNOW. Lots of things are helping my make my decision. From my boss to my best friend. But for now I will search my childhood memories and find what makes me happy. And I will do something with that. I don't want to be the person who only does something because it will make me successful and rich. All of that does NOT matter to me. Maybe I am too free-spirited. Oh well. This post title is to remind me not to say my 'goodbyes' to my child hood. Many things in my childhood have made me who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment